Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a common problem. It’s often caused by work-related activities, such as typing, and repetitive movements (chopping, crocheting, etc). Some cases may be related to arthritis of the wrist, thyroid disease and pregnancy. Your risk of developing it may be greater if your job or hobby places heavy demands on your wrist or if you use vibrating tools.
Here are 5 tips that may help ease pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Apply ice to your wrist twice a day for 15 minutes at a time
- Carpal tunnel relief exercises
- Stop the repetitive movement tasks you are performing
- Yoga, which has been shown to reduce pain and improve grip strength among patients with carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sleep in AidBrace’s Night Wrist Brace. The brace will keep your wrists from bending too much, so you won’t aggravate the inflammation in your wrist.